Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A pattern and some yarn!

Here, as promised, is the pattern on the little cardigan knitted by Viv. It's probably in one of the Barbara Walker pattern books, but I only have one of them, and it's not in that, so I can't tell you what it's called. Perhaps someone else knows?




And on today's afternoon excursion to the LYS I found Totem heavily discounted. Apparently they are changing the label. I've never used it before. Always thought it was too scratchy/hard and not sure I like the crepe structure. It's been around for years, so it must have fans. On the positive side it's machine washable, tough wearing, resonably priced (even without the discount) and has good stitch definition (if memories of my grandmother's jumpers are accurate). But regardless of all that, a bargin is a bargin and I'm now the proud owner of several balls... might make some tea cosies?

1 Comments:

Blogger kgirlknits said...

The pattern on the little cardigan is lovely! I don't know it's name, but something "wheat" is coming up to me?, sheafs, or something like that rings a bell? The Totem will make a great tea cozy, too!

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home