Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yeah!!!!!!!

Finally "Mrs McHugh's Blanket" is finished!

So pleased... and relieved!
I really enjoyed knitting it. But I really stressed about sewing it up. Hand sewing is not my strength, but I am working on it.

I suffer the opposite malady to my friend Lisette over at Textile Seahorse, who confessed recently that she actively resists finishing. I fret about not finishing.

Of course I have UFOs in my past - many still in the cupboard. Things that I fell out of love with, things that I stuffed up and things that I would rather forget. But that's the point, I cannot forget them, they haunt me, I feel terrible guilt about them. The waste.

I recently found a jumper I had finished knitting when I was at uni (some time ago!). I just hadn't sewn it up. I have no idea why I stopped, but over the years I had remembered it with self recrimination. So I got it out of the bag with good intentions, even if it was out of date I could finish it off, but the moths had got there first. It was finished. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home