Sunday, January 28, 2007

I splurged!

Yes I splurged!


But purely for safety reasons you understand.


I have been cooking for years with some Sambonet stainless steel saucepans given to me by my Mother. They are teriffic. She bought a huge set in the early 1970 s. Unfortunately the detachable handles have not past the test of time, unlike the saucepans themselves, which are in excellent condition.



I was cooking pasta in one the other day, which has a particularly dodgy handle, and as it wobbled its way full of hot water to the colander, I realised that I just couldn't use them around Mr S. Far too dangerous.


So, off to the DJ's sale (sorry "Half Yearly Clearance") to see what I could see. And behold I found something - at an extremely good price of course, with a 25 year guarantee and dishwasher safe!




I'm quite excited really. I love cooking and have never had my own pans - and never quite so many either!


I would still like to use the Sambonet pans and have emailed the company to see whether replacement handles can be obtained. I hope so, because besides being good pans, they have sentimental value.

8 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

There's nothing like good cookware- I love using old items that I've had for years, like old friends..

7:30 PM  
Blogger lisette said...

they look brilliant! i agree with di- nothing like good pots and pans

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same pans and have the same handle problem! Could you email me at matkaar@tpg.com.au if you recieve a reply from Sambonete?
Thanks

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear "knitting for love and sanity", Please also email me if you receive an answer from Sambonet Saucepans. My handles are still in good order but I would like to buy some more of this range, if still available.
Thanks a million, Sue B
iansue_b@bigpond.com

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me too - re the handles, would be pleased if you would email me any reply regarding the handles.

I have 2 good ones and 2 well past their use by date, but can't give them up!

anne

anner60@hotmail.com

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have Sambonet cookware and several of my handles are chipped or broken. My husband broke another tonight! Please email me if you receive a reply from the company.
dianne.shearman@det.nsw.edu.au

6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there,
Seems there a several of "Us" who own and love our Arthur Krupps/sabonet saucepans or frying pans too in my case.
The handles are sus or stuffed in the ozzie vernacular.
I would love to know if anyone out there knows where and how to replace them I would be truly grateful.
please email me on frehner.john@gmail.com

thanks

John Frehner Sydney Australia

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Helen said...

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. The cookware is like new, but the handles are another story - Have tried to find someone who has a warehouse full of spare parts - but to no avail.
Maybe there is an opportunity for
an inventor out there somewhere???

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home