Friday, January 19, 2007

She returns with a surprise

Last year I was sick for most of the year... but I'm restored.

What was wrong?

Well, I was pregnant and I have never been so ill in my life. Some people breeze through pregnancy, but not me. The whole experience gave me an appreciation of the emotional toll chronic illness can take - it really wears you down.

But while I did very little last year except drag myself to work and lie in bed feeling dreadful, this is a new year... with a new person in my life.


I did manage to knit a few pieces - this is a Rowan pattern,





... and this is a Jaeger pattern.










Still not doing much knitting yet. The last few months have just been too busy (in fact I'm typing this one handed with a little bundle in the other arm), but I have plans...

The Red Hill Show looms again. I received the program and entry forms today in the mail.

I hope to enter 6 pieces. I have finished one little jumper using Rowan Cotton Glaze (pictures with the next post). The other unfinished items are:
  • Debbie Bliss toy sheep knitted using Jo Sharp DK
  • Jaeger wrap around cardigan
  • Jaeger embroidered jumper
  • Rowan baby blanket / shawl
  • Knitty baby blanket / shawl

I will photograph them and give some more details in my next post...

The big question is how many can I finish by 21 March when entries are due for submission?

6 Comments:

Blogger lisette said...

hurrah! welcome back :) i see mr s continues to be one of the most beautiful babies ever (after my 3 of course ;)

good luck with the red hill show knitting

11:53 PM  
Blogger Taphophile said...

Oh welcome back! I thought you were ill with something really terrible but you were being ultimately creative.

Congratulations, so very pleased for you. :)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

thank you both for the welcome back

10:22 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

suprise hey ??
welcome back amd the show entries look beautiful ..as does the baby ..

5:13 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

thanks m

5:48 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love the blue cardigan, how gorgeous and the yellow one looks so nice too. What an adorable baby and poor you for being so sick whilst making him too.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home