Sunday, January 29, 2006

Saga of the Green Socks




I started the dark olive Patonyle socks - only to be disappointed by the pattern - Not Cable Socks. It comes from Sock Bug (who has some terrific patterns on her blog).

The picture of this pattern looks good on Sock Bug. The only difference is that I am using a plain yarn, whereas the ones on Sock Bug use a strongly coloured varigated one. I will try the pattern again with a different yarn - but I just had to pull this one out and try something different.

What I came up with is an amalgam of a couple of different patterns. It is a real cable and I think looks much stronger.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taphophile said...

Gotta agree that your cable looks better. You're probably right about the yarn making the difference. Interesting that the pattern has reverse stocking stitch heel and toes. Be interested to know how that goes.

8:02 AM  
Blogger happyspider said...

they look heaps better, i love solving this sort of problem. just makes you feel so darn smart doesnt it?
great colour btw :)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home