Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Challenge Countdown - 54 days to go!

Progress on the green mohair! Still haven't decided what edging I will use for the sleeves and neck... but at least I am on to the 4th hank - 3 more after this...

... and I have finished the first sock... just need to make the second one to complete the pair. After I took this picture I grafted the toe using Kitchner Stitch - probably my least favorite bit. I use Annie Modesitt's step by step instructions, which I think are the clearest I have come across (see Side Bar under 'I'm Reading' - it's both whimsical and useful).

My stash is out of control - this is a small part of it - too embarrassed to say how small a part. One of the reasons I have been so enthusiastic about the idea of knitting "The Challenge" projects is that EVERYTHING is using stash yarn! Ahhh - an opportunity for downsizing!

So it was with mixed feelings that Margaret (an AGS friend and fellow knitter) asked me whether I would like to order some Jamieson's Shetland Wool with her and another friend.


Margaret is particularly keen on gloves (she gave me these for Christmas) - and she uses Rowan 4ply and Jamieson's quite a bit.

I have always wanted to knit Carol Lapin's 'Bobble Shirt' from 'Jamieson's Shetland Knitting Book'. Should I /shouldn't I??? This is too difficult - I will have to knit some more and think about it.

PS - thanks to Rob again - this time for the gift of a digital camera. Pictures are definitely better. Also learnt how to scan slides today with my new scanner. Took me a bit of fiddling and working out to get there - I had to go through the process of frustration, the 'it's broken'... it's not me stage, to finally reaching the 'Oh, that's how it works' stage! Hope to post some results soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

mmm pink socks.... (it's only a fetish if it's weird)
kitchener stitch is my pet hate, i always do a three needle cast off now, less swearing involved.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home