Friday, January 06, 2006

A bit more about "The Challenge"

This is the Jo Sharp yarn I am going to use for the Jacket (see post below) - the colour is called 'Emporio'. I have used the Aran Tweed before, but not DK Tweed. It's the same blend (85% wool, 10% Silk, 5% Cashmere). It's wonderful to knit and wear - jury is still out in my mind about its durability - but worth the risk I think.

... and here is the sock yarn - I really like the paper bands on the 'vintage' wool!

(apologies again for the picture quality - the mobile phone doesn't really cut it in the clarity department - have started shopping for a digital camera, but choice is a bit overwhelming and it may take sometime!)

2 Comments:

Blogger lisette said...

hmmm - i was thinking of using that yarn to make this http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knitandtonic/2005/09/the_notsoshrunk.html . i'll be interested to see how your jacket knits up and how 'drapy' the fabric is

12:51 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I think it would work in DK Tweed - but the yarn she uses does have more silk and also viscose - so it is probably more drapy?? Nice pattern though - would look good on you.

1:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home