Monday, January 09, 2006

Pink Socks!

I worry a bit that I seem to have a small fetish for pink socks! Is it ideologically sound? Are pink socks just pink socks or do they have another meaning?

These are made with 'Fleece Artist' 100% merino (it was a present from a very kind work colleague who bought it in Canada while on holidays) It came with the best basic sock pattern printed on the wrapper - I use it all the time as a guide when adapting other sock patterns.

These are made from 'vintage' wool bought at the Bendigo wool show last year - I used the sock pattern in the Rowan 'Yorkshire Tales' book. It is one of those 'two needle' versions that means you have a seam at the back. I have been always curious - so I knitted it. I was worried that the seam would be uncomfortable. I tried to make it as flat as possible. It doesn't bother me at all - but I would never do it again. Quicker to knit - but then you have to sew them up! Why bother...

These use Patonyle - they are so soft and lovely to wear - I used the 'Fleece Artist' pattern again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Taphophile said...

Love the pink socks! Probably very suspect but they look pretty, and that's what counts.

Jejune and HappySpider are both knitting the same Patonyle yarn as yours. Very impressed that you got the socks to MATCH. :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thank you - agree about the 'suspect' nature - a guilty pleasure that nobody can see under my boot. Matching just required 'wasting' a bit of yarn to get to the same starting point for the second sock.

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home