Friday, January 27, 2006

The Challenge Countdown - 42 days to go!


Ok - time is whipping along and now there are only 42 days to go to the 10 March deadline for the Redhill Show.

Finally finished the first pair of socks. Really like the way Lorna's Lace knitted up - intend to buy some more [some time...].

I have also nearly finished the front of the green mohair jumper - then only have to do the sleeves, neck and sew it up - easy! Bit too hot to knit it at the moment as it forms a mini rug over my lap as I knit it!

So off to cast on the next pair of socks - which ones??? Probably the olive green cable socks - even I can get sick of pink!

The only other bit of knitting news I have concerns one of my local wool shops (Dromana Wool and Craft - a survivor from the 70s). It is currently having a "huge reductions - prices slashed" sale!!! In reality prices are not really that reduced or slashed - but never-the-less who could resist taking a look...

When I was there last week I saw some cream Patonyle. My first reaction was to sneer - who would buy THAT???!!!! Cream socks - oh my God - hand knitted tennis or cricket socks or socks for the white shoe brigade? all equally appalling ideas.

Oh how one should not mock!

It then occurred to me this morning... I could practice dyeing with it! So I have bought four balls - and intend to visit the Artisan Book Shop next week as they have some great books on dyeing yarn to achieve particular patterns.

3 Comments:

Blogger Taphophile said...

Is it just me, but do those divine socks and the delicious strawberry cheescake muffins make a fine pair?

Socks lool great - sure to turn heads at the show. :)

9:14 PM  
Blogger lisette said...

oh dyeing wool is great fun! i have some wilton's food dye that we can play with :) it works really well on wool and you can do it in the microwave!

you've certainly been productive

10:49 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thank you both for your kind words.

And yes think the 'pink thing' is stalking me - even in the kitchen!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home