Monday, January 16, 2006

10 things I would do if I was on holidays...


1. Plant my AGS seed, which arrived two weeks ago and is just sitting around getting older

2. Keep knitting

3. Get my Flickr account into order so I can post the link

4. Remove all the cobwebs (I read Pea Soup's blog - looked around me and was suitably horrified - amazing what you just don't see)

5. Weed and mulch the garden

6. Make a Chocolate Cake and the Strawberry Cheesecake Muffin recipe I have found

7. Read

8. Make a little fabric bag with Kaffe Fasset fabric from one of the Rowan magazines

9. Catch the ferry from Sorrento over to Queenscliff for the day

10. Sleep in

But instead I am flying to Canberra tomorrow for a three hour meeting with some colleagues - and with no time to do anything fun like go to the National Gallery, visit the Bot Gardens or investigate Cassidy's (which sounds fantastic - thanks to Taphophile for writing about it).

4 Comments:

Blogger happyspider said...

aargh!
you must notify all canberra knitters next time you visit, we can have an honourary snb!!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Would love to - look forward to knitting with you all - sound like good fun - but no way I could do anything but be 'very very serious' today!

Flew in, taxied to meeting, meeting ended, taxied to airport, flew out!

What a waste - all the things I could have done - including buying some bread for another colleague who declares that the best bread "in the world" is to be found at a certain deli in Canberra (cannot remember exactly where).

10:09 PM  
Blogger Taphophile said...

Shame it was such a flying visit. Do find out where the best bread is though. Perhaps he/she means the Bavarian Bakery in Chifley. They have a rye bread with caraway seeds that is actually addictive and best eaten fresh with butter and homemade apricot jam - bugger, now I want some and they only bake it once a week.

Hope the meeting went well, though.

11:37 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

I'm starting to get a reputation as The Cobweb Blog. I'd better post more about knitting and gardening and less about housework!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home