Friday, June 11, 2010

20 mile radius

Listening to Cast On the other day made me think about exploring my own local neighborhood.

I have lived on the Mornington Peninsula for some years. I do 'kinda' know it. Some of the restaurants, wineries, beaches, shops, some of the other attractions (Herronswood, The Maze, parts of the national park, Seawinds). But do I really know the area?? Not really... not deeply...

So I thought I might do some more exploring - under some catagories:

* food and wine
* natural environment
* built environment
* art and craft

I have done some initial research and it turns out there are heaps of things I have never done - but there are also heaps of things I haven't done for a long time.

For instance I have never been to the McClelland Gallery and Sculpture Park in Langwarrin, nor have I ever visited Mulberry Hill, home of Joan Lindsay (of Picnic at Hanging Rock fame)and now owned by the National Trust. I haven't been to the Red Hill Brewery and I haven't walked the complete artists trail between Portsea and Sorrento. And while I have been to the Mornington Regional Art Gallery, I haven't visited for quite a while...

So I am going to make a list. But the rule is I have to visit one new or old local thing every weekend and make a post about it! For at least the next few months

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home