Thursday, June 10, 2010

Podcasts and other things



Now that I have an iPhone, I have been listening again to the podcasts by Brenda Dayne called Cast On.

She is funny and incisive. If you have experience either knitting or creating things then you will probably appreciate just how sharp her observations are. I spent the hour laughing and nodding. It is a great mix of art and the practical. Anyway it is highly recommended.

The lastes issue - number 91 - is called How to be a Poet. It is a reference to Wendell Berry's poem of the same name.

I have also cast on myself for the first time in 2010! W...whooooo!



A very modest winter hat for Mr S. I am modifying a Debbie Bliss pattern to make it - a rolled rim with a stalk ending. I am knitting it in Sublime's Cashmere Merino Silk DK in dark navy. It feels beautiful. I have used it before. The down side is it is fiddly to knit with, particularly difficult to achieve an even surface and it doesn't wear so well either. But it is lovely and soft and will be great for a hat. It is for kindergarten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home