Friday, June 04, 2010

My New Backyard



I am starting to imagine what I might do with my new garden...

The soil is very sandy. I haven't done a pH test yet, but at best it will be neutral, but more likely to be alkaline. I will need to do this before I buy more plants.I have already got a small collection of bits and pieces. I have dug up some things from my current garden, and I need to take lots more cuttings.

I am thinking of having a silver pear hedge down the fence line (Pyrus nivalis). And keeping the colour range to silver/white, blue/purple and yellow/orange... but in reality I will probably slip a bit... I already have some red plants... Camellia 'Tinsie' and some red Alister Clarke roses - Nancy Heywood and a few others.

I really like Nancy Power as a designer. She does lots of Californian gardens.







I like the combination of formal and wild. But of course my garden will be different. There is a slope that I have to deal with for a start. So I am busy imagining and planning at this stage. It is a daunting task. But enjoyable too I think.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger lisette said...

it will look fabulous! i love the gnarled and twisted shapes of those trees :)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home