Sunday, February 03, 2008

ripple ripple ripple


It's addictive - ripple, ripple, ripple .... Crocheting isn't like knitting. There is a different rhythm. But the in / out movement of the hook is mesmerizing.
I've choosen 13 colours so far, but I'm only up to colour number 6. The driving force behind the project at the moment is wanting to see how all the colours look together. I'm not sure if I'll do a completely random colour pattern or a 16 row repeat (if I repeat it 6 times it should give me 160 cm in length - and then I'll have a square). I might repeat some of the colours as part of the 16 rows? Or maybe not? This uncertainty is part of the fun at the moment.
I'm also a bit taken by this random stripe generator. But so far I haven't found one that I really like. I keep hitting the refresh button to see what comes up next. That's addictive too.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! That random stripe generator is fun!

6:23 PM  
Blogger kgirlknits said...

looks great - like your colour choices very much. I'm addicted to that stripe generator, too!

6:38 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

What an amazing undertaking! I love the ripples. :) The colors are so lovely! (Erm..the random strip generator is indeed addictive...ack, must...stop...clicking...)

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home