Monday, June 14, 2010

Saturday Night



I took myself off to Bell Shakespeare's King Lear on Saturday night. It was terrific. I have never seen King Lear before and I'm glad I did. I love Bell Shakespeare's productions. Very elegant. Very dramatic in a minimalist kind of way. I had never seen John Bell act before. He is very powerful and sexy. I really believed his characterisation.

It was a bit weird going by myself. I was going to go with my very good friend Felicity, but her back is playing up and I didn't want to hassle her. There will be lots of other times.

My brother and sister-in-law minded Mr S. He had a terrific time with his cousins. I went back and stayed over night, and most of the next day. My sister-in-law is a great cook and very generous. Lots of good food and company. A lovely holiday weekend. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger lisette said...

next time hassle me! :) on reflection though i probably couldn't have sat through the whole thing. glad you went and a saw it though - lear's one of my favourite plays

hugs
xxx

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home