Saturday, March 03, 2007

Slow progress, but progress

Well it's been a week since I posted, but I've been doing 'stuff'. Mr S is of course taking up most of my time; however I have done some 'crafty' kind of things... and imagining a lot more...

Mr S has a new cousin, born last week - Mr H!

So I have embroidered some singlets for him. The pattern copies one that my grandmother, Dagar, embroidered all my brothers' and my singlets with. It's very simple. She used to say the crosses were little kisses.

I've been 'fixing' the sheep too. A new head is knitted and it's restuffed. I've left it standing for a few days to make sure that the legs stay robust and upright, before I put the new head on.
And I've been dreaming of a quilt for Mr S. I'm desperate to make a quilt. Getting the time is the challenge.
I'm collecting blues and greens for one quilt, which I have no idea what kind of pattern I will use. Something big, bold and modern?

And collecting blues, reds and greens for this quilt. I will just do simple squares for this one.


And I'm going to use the pattern on the cover of Kaffe Fassett's Quilt Road to make a quilt out of this fabric...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger tiennieknits said...

Can't wait to see what kind of quilt you'll create with those fabrics. They're so lovely!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

The embroidery is so sweet. That's an excellent idea of personalizing baby wear.
I love your groupings of the fabrics! I always stall at this point in quilting...can't ever decide what fabrics go well with what... The blues and greens are especially beautiful and eye-catching.
Can't wait to see your re-headed sheep. It looks adorable from yoru earlier post! :)

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home