Thursday, February 14, 2008

UFOs - Out of Control


OMG!!!
I'm feeling very very anxious.
I don't seem to be able to finish anything. Alternatively, I seem very good at starting things.
I'm normally pretty good at finishing items. But currently I have seven - that's 7 - I mean IIV - yes, one more than six and one less than eight... seven PROJECTS.
I know that others may well have more. But for me this is (almost) unprecedented.
How did this happen? Not sure. I can rationalize each one, but the real reason I think is that I'm feeling a bit ratty, scatty and generally a bit tatty. I think that this is being reflected in my knitting. I just cannot settle.
I think at the core of the problem is that I've gone back to work part time and I'm struggling with Mr S going into childcare for the first time.
Shown in the picture above is the start of some Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino socks. I'm using a combination of the pattern in Debbie Bliss' 'Simple Living' and the Fleece Artist 'Basic Sock' pattern that comes on the wrapper of their merino sock yarn. But I've noticed a very similar cable sock pattern on Black Dog Designs.
The other blue knitting pictured is a jumper for Mr S using Sublime's Baby Cashmere Silk DK. It feels wonderful but doesn't knit up as evenly as wool and easily splits. I also have to make sure my nails are nicely filed, as any rough edges snag the yarn quite easily. The colour is 'Cuddle'!
My Ripple Blanket is progressing - I'm up to colour number nine - and will try to photograph it in daylight over the weekend. I think it's looking OK.
Of the other four projects, the teacosy needs decorations; the lion needs a mane, tail and ears; and the two other Mr S cardigans need some concentration to fix mistakes before I can proceed. Not really likely to happen given my current mood.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Deep breath! I hope everything settles down soon and the anxiety goes away. Maybe some simple stockinette in a good, basic wool will help channel the stress away? Or putting the knitting down for a bit for some nice time communing with the garden...

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's OK. Knitting is suppose to relax you - not stress you out so if you want to keep casting on - go for it!

4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home