Thursday, March 08, 2007

Shopping

I visited Marta's Yarns today. Both a sad and happy experience. Sad of course because of Marta's death, but happy because she lives on in all her fabulous yarns. I was a bit overwhelmed as usual by all the choice and Mr S was quite grizzly, so making decisions was a bit difficult. I will need to go back next week after a bit of a think about what I really want.






The only thing I bought was 70g of red DK to finish Mr S' blanket. I was going to edge it with red piping, but I have decided to knit I-cord around the edge... so stay tuned.



And the sheep only needs its ears sewn on, so hopefully it will be finished tomorrow...



The Red Hill Show entry form is due in tomorrow and I have been doing quite a bit of fretting about what I should enter. I have decided that I am completely insane. I think in addition to the items I am trying to finish, I'm going to try to knit two pairs of booties (which Mr S needs for winter) and maybe a tea cosy. I have seen this fabulous Cup Cake cosy at Laughing Hens On-line Store. I would love to buy the yarn and receive the free pattern, but it would cost a small fortune in Aust$. I just cannot justify it for a tea cosy, so I'm going to make up my own pattern using the Laughing Hens' one as inspiration.

I did a flying visit to Sunspun on the way home. Mr S had had a bit of a sleep in the car, so was much more settled, which allowed me to fuss around making decisions. You're looking at future hats, booties and a tea cosy!




Apologies for the photos, they were taken with me balancing a sleeping Mr S on my shoulder. No time or ability to frame, pose or focus the shots.

And here is how I like to see Mr S. He's gorgeous awake... but asleep... ah! Need to keep working on this sleep thing.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kgirlknits said...

Can't wait to see your exhibits at the show!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he's such a darling! and i like the wool you bought - i'm on a strict wool diet until i finish some projects

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest picture! I loved it when my kids were asleep like this.

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home