Thursday, April 05, 2007

Child? What child?

This is my knitting life every evening once Mr S has fallen asleep in my arms (won't fall asleep in his bed!).
I've seen some people knitting with bubs in slings, but Mr S knows the difference between a sling and arms. While he will quite happily go into his baby carrier when we are out walking or shopping, at home it's arms only thank you very much!

It's amazing how one learns to adapt, but this does slow me down and I don't think I can tackle aran patterns or intarsia (or at least I haven't tried yet).

As you can see I've started the red rib cardi and I've also finished knitting the rabbit (hopefully it will be finished by Easter).

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger lisette said...

oh he's so beautiful! i guarantee he will go to sleep in his own bed by the time he leaves home :) love the stripy suit and the cardi matches beautifully

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest picture. I so miss my little ones being this size and me holding them while I read (didn't know how to knit yet!)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Austysmum said...

You're definitely a great multitasker! I never even thought to attempt knitting when I had a baby sleeping on me, and sadly the little man has grown up so quickly that it takes a LOT of activity to get him to be so tired he falls asleep in my arms. In fact I don't even remember the last time...

Very cute little boy, and I love the teddy suit too!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Oh he is so beautiful. My daughter is 5 and still wont go to sleep in her own bed unless it is Easter or Xmas time. Carrying her to bed though is becoming a bit of a heavy problem though. At least your little bundle is very cuddly.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home