Monday, March 26, 2007

Easter's coming!

But no Lent for me -no stash reduction commitments either! I'm a bad bad woman!!! Naughty, but nice (I hope)!!!

It's stash enhancement all the way!


I'll confess about my recent purchases at the Stitches and Craft Show another time. But last Thursday, after the relief of handing in my entries, I felt I needed a reward - so off to the LYS ...
I've been thinking about making an Easter Bunny for Mr S from this vintage pattern. It came from a very quirky shop in Mt Eliza, who still has the original (where this was photographed).


And so I've started...


The yarn is Freedom by Twilleys of Stamford. It's 100% wool and normally knits as 10st in 10cm on 10mm needles - but the pattern requires 12st in 10cm, so after fiddling around with tension squares I figured out I needed to use 8mm needles. Knitting a bit firmer for soft toys is better anyway.

I've also bought some red 4ply to make this lovely cardigan and hat for winter. It's a new Cleckheaton book that I bought at the Stitches and Craft Show at a reduced price.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger kgirlknits said...

That little cardigan is a lovely looking pattern - should work up very nicely in redrmsjptgb

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a heathen so no lent for me! Cute knits!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Di said...

Looks like a great rabbit pattern! I love those retro patterns. Great to see you found the Cleckheaton pattern book too- that's the one I spotted that's like the ribbed kimono cardi I made!

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home