Sunday, April 15, 2007

Click Clack

Progress is slow on the red rib cardi for Mr S. I keep telling myself it only 'feels slow' because I am knitting the whole thing in one piece, but I cannot stop myself from measuring it continually. The tape measure is my constant companion!

And I have started the hoodie for Mr S (based on the Sirdar pattern) using the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK. It is knitting up much quicker that the red cardi (the result of stocking stitch rather than rib, and DK rather than 4 ply - no surprises there). Normally I knit right on the given tension of a pattern using the specified needles but with this I'm knitting tighter - not sure if it's me or the yarn? I quite like the stripe. They are not the normal colours I would choose, but given that I had the orange already I think the teal/aqua goes with it quite well.


And I have bought these really cute shoes to go with it - orange suede Italian shoes! They are Mr S' first ones. I've also joined a new group blog about knitted toys - called .... Knitted Toys.
It has some really cute stuff on it and I really like the button.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sweater is looking great so far.

What a cute button for that KAL.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Taphophile said...

You're going great guns on those projects. Those shoes are fantastic. Nothing like Italian suede shoes and cashmere jumpers to start life with. :)

Thank you for the tips on my nerines. My soil is heavy with clay, although it is slowly improving.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Davin said...

those shoes are so wonderfully tiny and orange!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I love the stripey hoodie, just so cute. The orange suede boots are just so adorable and will match with the sweater just great.

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home