Sunday, March 23, 2008

Red Hill Agricultural Show

Well it was Red Hill Agricultural Show again on Saturday. I had been umming and arring for sometime about whether to put anything in this year or not. I've been quite disorganised this year. Run over by work, a caring for a 'always on the go' toddler and I guess just life in general.

In the end I put in three items.

This alpaca cardi has been on the needles for some time - well over six months anyway - I had changed the sizing, failed to record what I had done, and every time I picked it up I kept making mistakes that I had to pull out. Very frustrating. But I used the deadline of the Show to give me the final kick along to finish.


Anyway, it won a first prize, so I was quite pleased in the end.

I also finished the plum pudding tea cosy. I love it, but it didn't get a gong.


And lastly, Mr S' Sailor Sweater. It got a second prize. I'm quite pleased with it. The only criticism I have is that I don't really like the edges. If I knitted it again, I'd knit a garter stitch band. The yarn is Sublime's Baby DK (a mix of merino, cashmere, silk and microfiber). The yarn is gorgeous to feel, but is a bit of a trial to knit with. It splits quite easily and it's difficult to get an even surface.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your projects are very lovely! Congrats on 1st prize!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home